PDF Plugin generation fail

By gadefgaertgqe - September 20, 2011

Hi!

I'm Getting the following errors when using V1.02 of Create PDF plugin to convert a page to a downloadable PDF file:

Adobe PDF reader:
"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

Foxit PDF reader:
"format error: not a PDF or corrupted".

I am using the following line to generate the PDF:
<?php createPDF_fromOutput('attachment', 'example.pdf'); ?>

The same thing happens when inline also.

To make it even worse when I strip the page down I can get it to work in IE8 while FF6 fails with the above error or the plugin even crashes....

Any ideas?

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] PDF Plugin generation fail

By Jason - September 20, 2011

Hi Paul,

Do you run into any problems (in any browser) when running the pdf examples from inside CMS Builder?

You mentioned that you can get it to work in some browsers when you "strip the page down". What parts of the page do you take out to make it work? Are you able to find the simplest form of the page that works in multiple browsers?

Let us know and we'll see what we can come up with.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] PDF Plugin generation fail

By gadefgaertgqe - September 20, 2011

Hi Jason,

All the PDF tests work, and I agree with you that it may be an element of HTML/PHP etc that could be causing problems with the PDF render itself. I will continue to try and strip down and pinpoint any potential causes that way. I thought I would post the problem here in case anyone else had bumped into any quirks that could help me diagnose quicker.

It might be worth designing a new CSS / Code layout from scratch as it's for a downloadable/printable price list.

If I find the cause I'll make sure I post my findings here ;)

Thanks for getting back to me so quick :)

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] PDF Plugin generation fail

By gadefgaertgqe - September 22, 2011

After much testing I could not pin down a specific item that caused the PDF generation to fail. It seems to be more of combination of stuff and a little hit and miss even then.

However, I took the time to design a page for printing and as such it is far more elegant and simple for it purpose, and I have no problem with the PDF generation.

As such I still highly recommend it!

Kind regards

Paul