PDF Plugin generation fail

Hi!

I'm Getting the following errors when using V1.02 of Create PDF plugin to convert a page to a downloadable PDF file:

Adobe PDF reader:
"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

Foxit PDF reader:
"format error: not a PDF or corrupted".

I am using the following line to generate the PDF:
<?php createPDF_fromOutput('attachment', 'example.pdf'); ?>

The same thing happens when inline also.

To make it even worse when I strip the page down I can get it to work in IE8 while FF6 fails with the above error or the plugin even crashes....

Any ideas?

Paul

Re: [Jason] PDF Plugin generation fail

Hi Jason,

All the PDF tests work, and I agree with you that it may be an element of HTML/PHP etc that could be causing problems with the PDF render itself. I will continue to try and strip down and pinpoint any potential causes that way. I thought I would post the problem here in case anyone else had bumped into any quirks that could help me diagnose quicker.

It might be worth designing a new CSS / Code layout from scratch as it's for a downloadable/printable price list.

If I find the cause I'll make sure I post my findings here ;)

Thanks for getting back to me so quick :)

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] PDF Plugin generation fail

After much testing I could not pin down a specific item that caused the PDF generation to fail. It seems to be more of combination of stuff and a little hit and miss even then.

However, I took the time to design a page for printing and as such it is far more elegant and simple for it purpose, and I have no problem with the PDF generation.

As such I still highly recommend it!

Kind regards

Paul

Re: [Pixels & Beats] PDF Plugin generation fail

By Jason - September 22, 2011

Hi Paul,

I'm glad to hear that everything is working now. Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/