Custom Upload Directory not recognized

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 20, 2011   (RSS)

By MisterJim - August 19, 2011

I'm working on 2 separate CMS Builder site on 2 separate servers from 2 separate hosting providers.

On one of them I have no problem at all setting custom upload directories simply by typing the new upload directory into the appropriate fields. For example, if my normal upload directory has been set to be '/home/####/public_html/images/uploads/' , then the custom upload directory is simply set to something like 'gallery/' when, in fact, it is a subdirectory to the 'uploads' directory mentioned earlier.

On the other server, I have to put in the entire custom upload path of '/home/####/public_html/images/uploads/gallery' in order for it to be recognized by the CMS.

BOTH CMS's are version 2.11, the latest as of the date of this post.

I'm going to assume that there's some apache or PHP configuration that's causing this behavior on the 2nd server, i.e., requiring the full path for the custom directory.

Any ideas from you guys?

Jim
WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work

Re: [Mr Jim] Custom Upload Directory not recognized

By Dave - August 19, 2011

Hi Jim,

What do you mean by "not recognized", are you getting an error?

And does the /gallery/ subdir exist under the /uploads/ folder on bother servers?

Let me know and I'll try to help. Thanks! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Mr Jim] Custom Upload Directory not recognized

By Dave - August 20, 2011

Hi Jim,

Ok, thanks for the report. We've made some improvements to how relative upload dir paths are handled for the upcoming 2.12 release which is in development. So let me know if it shows up on future sites once we've released that.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com