Custom Upload Directory not recognized

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 20, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [Mr Jim] Custom Upload Directory not recognized

By Dave - August 19, 2011

Hi Jim,

What do you mean by "not recognized", are you getting an error?

And does the /gallery/ subdir exist under the /uploads/ folder on bother servers?

Let me know and I'll try to help. Thanks! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Custom Upload Directory not recognized

By MisterJim - August 19, 2011

Hi Dave,

Yes, the /gallery/ subdir exists under the /uploads/ folder on both servers.

As for what I mean by "not recognized," I mean that when I try to create a record I get an error message in the space where the file upload link normally would be. It simply says that the /gallery/ directory does not exist. If, instead, I go back to the custom upload field area and prefix the custom upload directory with the full upload dir path URL, then everything works fine.

I've got it working now using the full upload dir path method, so I'm not in trouble with this site. In fact, I'm done with the project. However, I was just curious as to what caused this since it wasted an hour or so of my time trying to figure it out and I would like to know how to fix it should I run into it again on my next CMS project.

Jim
WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work

Re: [Mr Jim] Custom Upload Directory not recognized

By Dave - August 20, 2011

Hi Jim,

Ok, thanks for the report. We've made some improvements to how relative upload dir paths are handled for the upcoming 2.12 release which is in development. So let me know if it shows up on future sites once we've released that.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com