Error with Preview

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 5, 2011   (RSS)

By pcolvin - June 30, 2011

Has anyone received a similar error when trying to preview a detail viewer?

Couldn't start session! 'session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fdmjweb/public_html/apparatus.php:2)'!

Preview works fine on other sites, gust this one is giving me a problem. I have tried a few different things and could not find anything else similar in the formums..

Thanks

P Colvin

Re: [pcolvin] Error with Preview

By robin - July 4, 2011

Hey,

I've seen it happen in cases where a template editor or other automatic code process puts markup above the CMS Builder viewer functions include. Have a look to see if there is anything causing output to the browser (even a space) at the top of the page.

Hope that helps,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

Re: [robin] Error with Preview

By pcolvin - July 4, 2011

Robin,

I have run into that before as well and I did just verify there were no lines or spaces.

I did make me think of one thing and that was to update the viewer code at the top of the document with the new version. After doing this I now get a No Record Found error when I try to Preview it or view the Detail Record from the List Viewer.

However, if I open just the Detail Viewer Page, I do get the last record as expected and the page loads fine. Now I just cannot open Detail by loading from the record number at the end of the URL.

Phil

Re: [pcolvin] Error with Preview

By pcolvin - July 4, 2011

Quick update.

The problem with the record not found was from another set of code for another viewer on the same page. It only has one record and I did not have the code in to select the first record. That is fixed and the page now displays correctly.

I did find one thing that was causing a problem at least with this hosting provider. If I kept in the this line from the Code Generator <?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); ?>. I was able to correct this with a setting in my text editor. It was saving the file as a UTF-8 BOM. I changed that to just UTF-8 and that cleared up that problem.

All in all thing are working correctly now. The Preview works now that I have used the new code from the code generator and also made sure the file was being saved correctly.

Thanks for the help.

Phil