non-breaking spaces

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 2, 2011   (RSS)

By garyhoffmann - June 2, 2011

I know that tinymce has the ability to allow and keep nbsp characters, but I don't see that implemented within CMSB. Also, I thought there should be a way (tool button or something) to insert nbsp characters by the user.

I have a user that REALLY wants two spaces between sentences...sometimes. How can I help her achieve this?

Thanks,
Gary.

Re: [garyhoffmann] non-breaking spaces

By robin - June 2, 2011

Hey Gary,

A couple options:

1. You can use the hml button and instert the   manually.

2. You can add the 'charmap' button to the tiny mce tool bar. With charmap the non-breaking space can be chosen with a nice gui.

To add charmap to your tinyMCE you'll need to edit the /lib/wysiwyg.php file. The tool bars are set as comma separated variables. Here is what mine looks like with charmap in the 3rd row.
// Define buttons: Button codes: http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Control_reference
theme_advanced_buttons1 : "formatselect,fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,removeformat,fullscreen",
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "forecolor,backcolor,|,link,unlink,anchor,|,blockquote,hr,image,media,table,|,pastetext,pasteword,|,code,|,spellchecker",
theme_advanced_buttons3 : 'charmap',

Hope that helps,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com