non-breaking spaces

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 2, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [garyhoffmann] non-breaking spaces

By robin - June 2, 2011

Hey Gary,

A couple options:

1. You can use the hml button and instert the   manually.

2. You can add the 'charmap' button to the tiny mce tool bar. With charmap the non-breaking space can be chosen with a nice gui.

To add charmap to your tinyMCE you'll need to edit the /lib/wysiwyg.php file. The tool bars are set as comma separated variables. Here is what mine looks like with charmap in the 3rd row.
// Define buttons: Button codes: http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Control_reference
theme_advanced_buttons1 : "formatselect,fontsizeselect,bold,italic,underline,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,removeformat,fullscreen",
theme_advanced_buttons2 : "forecolor,backcolor,|,link,unlink,anchor,|,blockquote,hr,image,media,table,|,pastetext,pasteword,|,code,|,spellchecker",
theme_advanced_buttons3 : 'charmap',

Hope that helps,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com

Re: [robin] non-breaking spaces

By garyhoffmann - June 2, 2011

I didn't know it was on the charmap.

I also tried adding the nonbreaking plugin, but it's not working for some reason within CMSB.

I'll tell the client about the charmap - it's cludgy compared to the nonbreaking plugin. I wish that were there.

Anyway, thanks for the info

Request - please add this plugin to the standard installation.

I've been queried about this before and just tell people that html doesn't allow it and they buy it, but this customer was pretty upset by that response.

Gary.