ERROR "Upload Directory Doesn't Exist" - tried everything with no resolution

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 17, 2011   (RSS)

By meg - May 24, 2010 - edited: May 24, 2010

I'm nearly done with a project and everything was working just fine. This morning I go to make a couple changes to my project and none of the pages will load. I login to the CMS Builder and see that there is an error "Upload Directory Doesn't Exist." I go to check the directory in the CMS and it's there, along with all the photos. I go into one of the pages in the sections editor and click on the "upload" field, then I resetting the directory path and folder path. Still the same problem. Then I delete the "upload" field and make a new one, checking "Use custom upload directory" and reset both the directory path and folder path. Still the same problem. I will be contacting the hosting provider to see if there are server changes that caused this. Otherwise, any thoughts??? I have a deadline and I don't have any clue as to how to resolve this problem. To my knowledge, nothing has changed and it was working just fine last week. All the directories and CMS seem to be in place, so I don't know why it's generating this error. Please help if you can!!

Update: I called the hosting package and no server changes were made recently. I checked the permission settings as well and corrected a few but that still didn't make a difference. What do you think changed from last week to this week to cause this problem?

Re: [meg] ERROR "Upload Directory Doesn't Exist" - tried everything with no resolution

By Damon - May 24, 2010

Hi,

Permissions and/or file paths being changed are usually the most likely cause but sounds like that isn't the case for you.

Can you send in a support request so we can login and take a look?
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] ERROR "Upload Directory Doesn't Exist" - tried everything with no resolution

By meg - May 24, 2010

I just submitted a support ticket - I'm stumped! Thanks so much for helping on this matter. I have no idea what happened.

Re: [Rusty] ERROR "Upload Directory Doesn't Exist" - tried everything with no resolution

By Rusty - March 16, 2011

Problem solved. Turned out to be a discrepancy between the following:

Program Directory: '/nfs/c04/h01/mnt/#####/domains/dev-beta.com/html/admin/'
and the
Uploads Directory: '/nfs/c04/h04/mnt/#####/domains/dev-beta.com/html/admin/uploads/'

Unbeknownst to me the path somehow changed. I have no clue, as I don't tinker with those settings. *shrugs* Got it fixed after I changed it to match the program directory.
Rusty

Re: [Rusty] ERROR "Upload Directory Doesn't Exist" - tried everything with no resolution

By Jason - March 17, 2011

Hi Rusty,

Glad to hear that got sorted out.

Let us know if you run into any other issues.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/