Interesting Problem RE: Sharing content (records) between sections

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 10, 2011   (RSS)

Re: [danwilson] Interesting Problem RE: Sharing content (records) between sections

By danwilson - February 9, 2011

To put this into more familiar terms, this would be similar to a newspaper site creating a list of different writers that could be attached to a story. Using the image upload feature (and the custom data fields 1-4), you could upload a picture of the writer, his name, byline, email, and even a short bio - and then choose, at the article level, which writer to publish with the story. Hope this is all making sense - I realize it's a somewhat abstract scenario, but my thanks go out to all who are taking a look at this and might be able to offer a solution.
-Dan

Re: [danwilson] Interesting Problem RE: Sharing content (records) between sections

By ross - February 10, 2011

Hi Dan

Thanks for posting! I think I understand what you are looking for here and I would actually setup each "room" as its own section and then have the different options as records in that section.

On your main list of items, you can create drop down menus that pull values from each "room" that list all the records you created in their sections as options.

Then on the display pages, you can code them to do look ups and display all the appropriate information.

Does that make sense? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/