Flustered with new plugin PDF creator - shared servers - is help available?

By Codee - September 25, 2010 - edited: September 27, 2010

IT Team,
I've installed the plugin on 3 different sites, with 3 different hosting companies. (The Cloud, GoDaddy and a smaller company) The testing server requirements fails on every one, and of course the common thread is that each of these is a shared server. Looking at another post related to this I see the following responses: 1) contact the hosting company; and, if that doesn't work - because they are fearful of security issues - then 2) IT may be able to have a workaround.

How close is it to a common workaround for this plugin to work on shared servers - which is extremely common and I'd bet most of the CMSB built sites are resting on? This would be a perfect solution to 2 immediate clients challenges and, of course, a great feature on many sites. Not knowing about the challenge on shared servers before purchasing this plugin, and before blabbing the solution to the clients, has caused an immediate challenge.

As always, thanks in advance!

Re: [equinox69] Flustered with new plugin PDF creator - shared servers - is help available?

By Dave - September 30, 2010

Terry,

Just trying to group these posts. You already have a support ticket it on this right? If not let me know.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Flustered with new plugin PDF creator - shared servers - is help available?

By Codee - September 30, 2010

Hi Dave,

Let me clarify. I have a total of four sites at this point involved with this new PDF feature.

That ticket I put in for may or may not have to do with the issues on a shared system. On that one Chris mentioned a different problem and is looking into it and requested I place a 2nd level support ticket for a very immediate client-need; whereas the others relate to needing a common workaround for use on shared servers. That's one, and the most pressing and Chris has it on his desk.

I tested installing the plugin on 3 other sites that are on shared servers and ran into the same, or almost the same, challenges as the other users in this particular thread. Only 1 of these 3 is a semi-immediate client need now and the client can probably wait if there's an overall fix coming down the line soon. The other 2 of these three are not immediate but the sites could really use this feature (I hadn't mentioned the new ability to the clients because of what I ran into with the first two sites.)

Does that clarify this? I apologize if I caused any confusion. I accept part of the blame here as I should have tested the new plugin before mentioning anything to any of my clients. I didn't realize there were additional considerations in getting the plugin and that it wouldn't just plug-and-play like most of the others.

Let me know if you need anything else to help this process out.

Re: [equinox69] Flustered with new plugin PDF creator - shared servers - is help available?

By Dave - September 30, 2010

Hi Terry,

Can you email me some info direct at dave@interactivetools.com and I'll take a look ASAP?

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Flustered with new plugin PDF creator - shared servers - is help available?

By Codee - September 30, 2010

Do you want it for all 4 sites, the last 3 (Chris is working on the one), or just the next most important one?