help with content slider

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 8, 2010   (RSS)

By moh3 - September 4, 2010 - edited: September 4, 2010

hello to all i'm getting my mind on how to setup cms builder to do different things ,great product

i have a question about repeated fields

say for example i want to create a front page content slider
that holds images and intro text and links

how can i create this structure inside cms builder
so that i have single record section that controls my slider
content the images and text so in case i wanted to add more images to my slider i would go my single record section
and add a predefined template of fields that have a field for text and image using some sort of button that is only found in this single record section something like a add more button that once clicked will generate a new set of fields

i have an idea of maybe using the html editor to add this add more button any ideas

i hope iam clear on my question appreciate your help

Re: [moh3] help with content slider

By Chris - September 6, 2010

Hi moh3,

I think the solution you're looking for is a Multi Record section. You can drive a single page (your front page) with multiple sections — I do this all the time!

Often it makes sense to have a page driven by both a Single Record section and a Multi Record section. You can use the Single Record section to manage the header and footer text, etc. and the Multi Record section for your content slider items.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] help with content slider

By moh3 - September 8, 2010

thanks chris,

actually i need also to have a repeated fields code snippet
were i could add it by clicking a button and it will add more fields that i have setup before something like a code template were i would have a field for text and another for an image, the idea is to have this kind of option within one record not as a separate record, were one record will store
an array of fields that may differ from one record to another

i know there is the schema record were you use a custom section to create a new section but i'm exploring the cms builder to see how flexible it is for complex data management i believe it is but a clear explanation of the code can help advanced users to expand the software which will in return i and you will benefit from such a thing
and you really need to find a solution for choosing themes or predefined layout with a visual preview inside the cms builder which help clients to fully manage the site

thanks for your support