Moving ALL CMS BUILDER & PHP FILES TO NEW WEB HOSTING COMPANY

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 24, 2010   (RSS)

By weblinks - August 24, 2010

I NEVER RECEIVED AN ANSWER to the message BELOW sent to you on August 4th even though I received your standard automatic reply saying someone would be working on this shortly. ...

3 or 4 days later I phoned about this and Ross said he found no record of my email even though InterActive Tools acknowledged receipt of it. I am NOW ready to pull the plug on EarthLink but the ONLY THING HOLDING IT UP is the ability to have roughly 190 php pages displayed on the new hosting site... PLEASE... read this entire email and respond asap...

I have INCLUDED yesterday's email from the InMotionHosting SYSTEM ADMIN TEAM [Top Level Support].... Note... InMotion has placed ALL of my EarthLink hosted files and folders on their site... INCLUDING MYSQL DATABASE TABLES... the ONLY problem is getting CMS MENU BUILDER to work on their server.

Regards,

Bob T.

P.S. What about the Header Code on EACH EXISTING php page... GENERATED BY CMS BUILDER ??? Code shown below. ..
<?php

require_once
"/www/htdocs/domains/s10/01575/www.linkvermont.com/webdocs/cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php";

MESSAGE SENT TO INTERACTIVE TOOLS ON 8/4/10

[font "tahoma"]My site [LinkVermont.com] has UNFORTUNATELY been hosted by EarthLink since 1996.. I've alway hesitated to move to another hosting company because I am not tech savy... However, now at the end of my rope, I'm moving the site to a VPS at INMOTIONHOSTING.COM. They allow me to get my entire site up and running under an alias until everything is working OK... and then, move the Domain over.

For testing purposes Is there any way I can place my CMS FILES on their site WHILE STILL HAVING IT ON THE Earthlink site... and then maybe as late as a month later remove the site from Earthlink???? I don't want to kiss Earthlink goodby until I KNOW everything, not just your stuff, is working perfectly.

Regards,
Bob Thiel

Hello again,
Thanks for getting back to us.
Not knowing how your software is configured, we can't be 100% certain that it will work as-is on the server. Typically most applications which rely on a database will have a configuration file or script (usually called configure.php or something similar) where the database information is specified. Since there are some likely differences between your previous host and our server, we'll quite likely need to modify this in order for this to work.
Best Regards,
David D. **** NOTE... BEFORE receiving this email from InMotion I had them view my Admin>General Settings Page.
[font "tahoma"]_________________________________________________________________________________________________