Can't connect to local MySQL message

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 5, 2010   (RSS)

Re: [rez] Can't connect to local MySQL message

By Jason - August 5, 2010

Hi,

I have seen this problem before. Usually it's caused by incorrect MySQL information. I've never seen CMS Builder handles the closing of all connections, so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Are you able to login to CMS Builder at all? If not, go into the settings file (cmsAdmin/data/settings.dat.php). In there you should be able to your MySQL settings (host name, database name, user name, password). Login to your hosting provider and ensure that these are correct.

Give this a try. If you're still running into trouble, let me know and we'll look into this further.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Can't connect to local MySQL message

By rez - August 5, 2010 - edited: August 5, 2010

thanks jason,

i am able to log into cmsb and received this from a different tech at my host:

" This issue is due to a users corrupt innodb tables, we are making adjustments now to resolve this issue, you may see a few outages as we will have to restart MySQL to resolve this issue. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this."

I'm lost. I dont know what, "users corrupt innodb tables" means or whos tables they are talking about. I guess i'll just wait to see if it happens again after today. Hosting issue?

Re: [rez] Can't connect to local MySQL message

By Chris - August 5, 2010

Hi rez,

"corrupt innodb tables" means that MySQL can't start because its data is (usually only slightly) broken. It's certainly nothing that you or CMS Builder did. This problem is usually caused by hardware glitches, cosmic rays, MySQL bugs, or improperly configured hosts.

A "user's corrupt innodb tables" would suggest that the problem is with someone else's data and not yours (phew!) That said, it's usually possible to recover everything when this happens. So I've heard. I've never actually run into this myself, so hopefully you never do again!

Hopefully your host will look into what went wrong and try to prevent it from happening again! Or, at least, get some systems in place so they can fix things right away when they break.
All the best,
Chris