How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

9 posts by 6 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 1, 2010   (RSS)

By wbhood - March 26, 2010 - edited: March 26, 2010

I have a VP who wants to approve edits done by the folks in her department before they go online. I can't seem to be able to figure out how to set this type of permission. Can anyone assist me with how to do this?

Thanks.

Re: [Jason] How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

By Codee - March 29, 2010

Jason, is there way to create an email notification when a record is submitted so someone like the VP in this case gets an email when a record is sitting and waiting for approval. This way they don't have view thousands of records every time someone might have submitted something.?

Re: [equinox69] How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

By Dave - March 31, 2010

Hi Terry,

No, there's no way to have it send an email notification without writing a custom plugin.

Some other methods that are pretty quick to implement, though, are to show "Approved" as a column on the list page and sort those records first, or add an advanced search list field (do this under "Searching" in the section editors) for "Status: Approved, Not Approved'.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

By Codee - April 1, 2010

Hi Dave!

Of course that doesn't help! ;-) Seriously, thanks for the explanation. Have a great week.

Re: [Dave] How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

By Perchpole - April 1, 2010

Hi, Dave -

I seem to recall Article Manager had an email notification feature. I'm certain CMSB would benefit from a similar plugin!

Any chance you can add it to your extensive "to-do" list, please?

:0)

Perch

Re: [equinox69] How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

By Djulia - April 1, 2010 - edited: April 1, 2010

Hi,

Here a plugin that I use.

I think that it is possible to add a mysql
[font "Times New Roman"]query (on recordNum) to obtain more possibility.

Djulia

Attachments:

alertsavedrecord.php 2K

Re: [Djulia] How To: Set user access for approval process before edits go online?

By Codee - April 1, 2010

Wow! Thanks Djulia! I'll try it out.

Have a great week!

By Djulia - April 1, 2010 - edited: April 2, 2010

The improved version is here :
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=79097#79097

Thanks for the feedback! Djulia