Setting up a demo CMS Builder site

5 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 8, 2010   (RSS)

By kkegans - March 8, 2010

Dave and team at IT,

If I have a website already using CMSB and I want to set up a demo of CMSB for customers, using the Demo Plugin. do I need to install a second CMS Builder in a separate directory on my server and point the demo to that installation?

Kurt
CMSB Rocks!

Thanks,

Kurt

Re: [kkegans] Setting up a demo CMS Builder site

By Dave - March 8, 2010

Hi Kurt,

Here's some more information on this.

The demo mode feature is built-in, so basically you just enable it and it creates a unique temporary copy of the database for each user. So once you turn demo mode on you can't use that install for anything but a demo, since any changes you make will not be visible to other users.

Let me know if you have any other questions about how that works.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Setting up a demo CMS Builder site

By kkegans - March 8, 2010

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. You told me exactly what I expected.

What I want is to have a demo of a 2 or 3 page sample website using CMSB on our site for our customers to try. Since I have used CMSB in developing our site, I will need to y install a 2nd CMSB license in a subdirectory off of the root of my web site to run the demo pages correct.

Are there any gotcha's I need to look out for in having 2 CMSB installs on the website.

Kurt
CMSB Rocks!

Thanks,

Kurt

Re: [kkegans] Setting up a demo CMS Builder site

By Donna - March 8, 2010

Hi Kurt,

Nope, it should run just fine -- just make sure they're in different directories, and are using different databases (or at least, different prefixes in the same database.) :)

That demo license can still be purchased at 75% off with the promo code CMSDEMOCOPY if you need one.
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com