How do most people use CMS builder?

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 4, 2010   (RSS)

By weblm - March 4, 2010

Trying to understand how most people use CMS builder? Do most people setup a static site, and then use CMS builder to inject editable areas? So if a new page needs to be created then the static site needs to be updated?

Or are people building entire self contained sites using CMS builder, where if a new page is added, it shows up on the site automatically (updating the nav etc)?

Where does the CMS builder strengths really shine?

From what I've seen and read so far is it's not like a Joomla or Drupal type CMS.....that it's simpler and integrates with a current site?

Thanks for any help.

-Kevin
LM

Re: [kblm] How do most people use CMS builder?

By flamerz - March 4, 2010

I make static site before, and "inject" cmsbuilder later.

After this.. maybe some small changes in apearance or logic behaviour (client can change his mind in how to show, search... or distribute the view in the screen).

Usually, i dont make all website editable with cms, only areas that client want to modify.

IMHO, cmsB strengths are.. SUPPORT, speed, easy to learn, and easy! interface for the client.

My another favourite cms is expression engine (a bit expensive). I tryed Joomla.. but no success with the client requirements and i dont feel safe to implement a site with it.

Re: [kblm] How do most people use CMS builder?

By weblm - March 4, 2010

Thanks for the responses so far.

I'm a web developer and designer, so I know my way around code fine. Just trying to get a handle on where CMS builder fits in.

After viewing the demo, and hearing flamerz's response, sounds like you setup the template of the site (the outer shell) as static pages. Then you develop what areas within the shell are editable by the customer and thus those areas are put into CMS builder and integrated into the site.

Thanks so far for the responses. And yes, I've actually had to deal with support on the old Listings Manager so I know that they are very helpful and responsive.

-Kevin
LM