Legend below an image?

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 22, 2009   (RSS)

Having been a user of AM1 for serveral years, I have now been testing CMS Builder with the demo on your website.

It seems that most of the features that I used with AM1 are there. There is one, however, that is important to me and that I cannot find: in each article, I insert one or serveral images. Below images, I include a short legend, if only for photo credits.

In the demo for CMS Builder, I found no way to do that. But there must certainly be one. How is it done?

Re: [tribulatio] Legend below an image?

By Chris - December 17, 2009

Hi tribulatio,

The CMS Builder demo doesn't include any "upload" fields. Upload fields allow you to enter up to 5 "info" fields associated with each uploaded file, useful for things like title tags and captions.

I've attached a screenshot of the uploading process using a default upload field which has info fields for "title" and "caption".

If you need captions for embedded images in a wysiwyg field, you can try the [url http://www.newmediacampaigns.com/page/jcaption-a-jquery-plugin-for-simple-image-captions]jCaption[/url] jQuery plugin.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
All the best,
Chris
Attachments:

upload_details.png 220K

Re: [chris] Legend below an image?

Thank you. I think this answers indeed my question, although it is not yet entirely clear for me how it works. If I understand right, I can upload a file along with a caption that will be seen below it - but if I switch to WYSYWYG, I won't see the caption, although it will appear on the website once published?

I must say that I have always used AM1 in HTML, since my website is bilingual (English-French); I write my text normally, then use Page Spinner (I am on Mc) for converting into HTML.

I understand now that UTF-8 becoming quite widespread, producing it in WYSYWYG might become an option, but many things remain still unclear at this point.

Re: [chris] Legend below an image?

Hello!

Thank you for your reply, this would indeed work for me.

I have a more general question regarding plugins in CMS Builder, but I will open a separate thread for that purpose.