Legend below an image?

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 22, 2009   (RSS)

By tribulatio - December 17, 2009

Having been a user of AM1 for serveral years, I have now been testing CMS Builder with the demo on your website.

It seems that most of the features that I used with AM1 are there. There is one, however, that is important to me and that I cannot find: in each article, I insert one or serveral images. Below images, I include a short legend, if only for photo credits.

In the demo for CMS Builder, I found no way to do that. But there must certainly be one. How is it done?

Re: [tribulatio] Legend below an image?

By Chris - December 17, 2009

Hi tribulatio,

The CMS Builder demo doesn't include any "upload" fields. Upload fields allow you to enter up to 5 "info" fields associated with each uploaded file, useful for things like title tags and captions.

I've attached a screenshot of the uploading process using a default upload field which has info fields for "title" and "caption".

If you need captions for embedded images in a wysiwyg field, you can try the [url http://www.newmediacampaigns.com/page/jcaption-a-jquery-plugin-for-simple-image-captions]jCaption[/url] jQuery plugin.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
All the best,
Chris
Attachments:

upload_details.png 220K

Re: [tribulatio] Legend below an image?

By Chris - December 21, 2009

Hi tribulatio,

That's how the wysiwyg/jCaption option I outlined above would work, yes.

The other option is to upload images into a separate Upload field, with which you can more easily manage captions. Upload fields usually require a bit of tinkering to get them to display on your website how you'd like, but we can help with those kinds of issues here in the forum. With this workflow, you would write your content separately (i.e. you wouldn't embed the images into your content.)

I hope this helps clear things up; if you have any more questions, please ask. :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Legend below an image?

By tribulatio - December 22, 2009

Hello!

Thank you for your reply, this would indeed work for me.

I have a more general question regarding plugins in CMS Builder, but I will open a separate thread for that purpose.