MySQL import problems

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 16, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [studio-a] MySQL import problems

By Dave - November 3, 2009

Hi studio-a,

Let's start with the missing tables problem.

Make sure you've copied your schema files from /cmsAdmin/data/schema/ on your local server to the same folder on your unix server.

If that doesn't fix it, check if the unix and local servers are using different table prefixes (Displayed under: Admin > General > Database Settings).

Let me know what you find out.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By studio-a - November 3, 2009 - edited: November 3, 2009

[font "Calibri"]Hi Dave,
[font "Calibri"]
After reading your reply we realized we did not transfer those files; problem solved. I guess the new features (Group Menus) and such deferred our attention - nice feature! Out of curiosity, should members send their questions to the forum or interactivetools.com support? We received a FAST response from you within the forum yet have not heard anything from sending a support ticket (although it’s only been a day).

[font "Calibri"]
As for the error message (“Couldn’t Find Table!”) when saving sections within a Group Menu please let us know your feedback.

Thanks for your help.

[font "Calibri"]studio-a

By Donna - November 5, 2009 - edited: November 5, 2009

Hi there!

Generally, you'll always want to post to the forums first -- as you noticed, response time can be a bit faster, especially since some of our other users might be able to answer questions as well.

You also don't want to send in an email AND a forum post, as having multiple people working on one problem can cause a lot of confusion.

If we can't figure it out from a forum post, we'll ask you to send us an email at that point so we can take a closer look. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

By Dave - November 5, 2009

Re: Couldn’t Find Table! Error

I haven't heard of that one before. Is it easy to reproduce or does it just happen once in a while? And is the server a windows server or slower than usual?

It looks like that error is from /cmsAdmin/lib/menus/database/editTable_functions.php

Let me know on the above questions and also the name of the table. It should be in the URL when you get the error like this: ?menu=database&action=editTable&tableName=news
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] MySQL import problems

By studio-a - November 14, 2009 - edited: November 14, 2009

Hello,

Since this posting we have NOT experienced the error again, odd. It happened a few times.

Do you think it could have been a combination of updating databases and forgetting to update the cmsAdmin/data/schema/ files? To answer your question Dave, no, there was no table name - just "[font "Verdana"]Couldn’t Find Table!" statement (as if it was a default error display). As for the windows server - it could have been slower than usual, we don't recall.

Nonetheless, we have not experienced the problem since that day.

Thanks for all your replies.

studio-a

By Dave - November 16, 2009

Ok, glad to hear it's not a problem anymore.

Let me know if it comes up again. I've added the tablename to that error message to help make it easier to debug if it comes up again.

Thanks!
interactivetools.com