FTP details changed

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 26, 2009   (RSS)

By reubs - August 24, 2009

Hi, I have a site that I have built for a client and they have recently just changed their FTP details with their hosting company (without telling me, helpful!) and I now can't get onto the CMS admin. Do I need to access the site and change the FTP details within the admin section? If so, how do I do this?

All they have changed is the username and password.

Re: [reubs] FTP details changed

By Dave - August 25, 2009

Hi reubs,

The username and password for FTP and the CMS are completely unrelated. So changing the FTP details shouldn't affect your ability to login to the CMS. Unless they changed the CMS login details as well or they changed the MySQL databases (which stores the accounts that are allowed to login to the CMS).

The first step would be to get FTP access. Then you can upload the script I attached (show_user_accounts.php) to the cmsAdmin folder and it will show you all the user accounts and passwords.

If you get a "IP not allowed error" just add your IP address to the list in the code. You can replace "127.0.0.1" with your IP.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

show_user_accounts.php 2K

Re: [reubs] FTP details changed

By Dave - August 26, 2009

Hi reubs,

Ok, it looks like that one might take some investigation. Do you want to send in a 2nd level support ticket here and we can take a look: https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support.cgi

We'll need working FTP details to connect.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com