Need a little help getting started

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 21, 2009   (RSS)

By lisadye - August 12, 2009

Hello. Boy I feel a little silly even asking this question but I'm having some trouble getting started with my first site. I was able to create all of my sections, create code and save the .php files. They work well after I uploaded them to my web hosting server. My problem is that I want the information to reside inside of my template and I'm just not sure how to go about that. I've read the instructions a few times and I must have an attention deficit disorder [cool] because I just can't seem to get it to work. Any chance I could pay someone at Interactive Tools to help me get started? I'm a really fast learner. I have multiple clients wanting me to do this for them and if I can just get this one working, I will be able to do the others. Excited but discouraged - please help [:)]

Re: [lisadye] Need a little help getting started

By Chris - August 13, 2009

Hi lisadye,

Sounds like you've made a great start!

What information did you want to reside inside of your template? If you can explain exactly what it is you're trying to achieve, we'll be happy to help. :)
All the best,
Chris

Re: [chris] Need a little help getting started

By lisadye - August 18, 2009

Hello Chris. I played with it a little and I can get each page to work inside of a template perfectly! except...... if I modify the template (I'm using Dreamweaver by the way) then it updates all my pages of course and then all of a sudden they don't work any more....any advice? Want me to send one to you to look at?

By Chris - August 18, 2009

Hi lisadye,

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "don't work anymore"? Do they show errors, show the wrong information, or show nothing at all?

Yes, please attach a not-working file to this thread so we can have a look.
All the best,
Chris

By Donna - August 21, 2009

Hmm,

Unfortunately, I don't use Dreamweaver, so I can't say for sure... but I did some quick googling, and it looks like there's a "Never Rewrite Code" option that you can toggle that might help with that.

See this page for details:

http://webdesign.about.com/od/dreamweaver/ig/Dreamweaver-Options/Rewriting-Code.htm

I hope this helps. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com