Using CMS builder as alternative to cpg

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 15, 2009   (RSS)

By willydoit - May 15, 2009

Hi all,

we are currently undergoing a huge rewrite of one of our sites and have been busy replacing listings manager applications with cms builder apps, as we may also be looking at a hosting provider change which will incorporate a lot of issues with transfers of certain facilities provided by the site not least of which is a visitor image upload to a photo gallery facility which is currently being provided by coppermine photo gallery (free software) which appears to be very popular and has worked well for us in the past and currently has in excess of 1000 images uploaded.

I was wondering whether anyone has utilised cms builder to provide this type of functionality (photo album display allowing categorised uploads from authorised users) or if anyone could indicate how feasable it would be to try to create this in cms builder, we also have article manager if it is felt that it would be easier to generate the required facility through that.

Thanks in advance

Re: [willydoit] Using CMS builder as alternative to cpg

By ross - May 15, 2009

Hi there

Thanks for posting!

CMS Builder can let you easily categorize your content whether it's all a series of images or a list of anything. You can categorize each image specifically or categorize whole galleries.

When it comes to images though, if you are thinking of moving servers at some point in the future, I defintiely recommend doing that first if possible. Moving CMS Builder itself from server to server is no problem but moving the images is a little trickier.

Does that help? Once you have the templates ready for your site, we can start going over them together.

Let me know what you think so far. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/