Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 23, 2009   (RSS)

He guys and girls it is Rent It Today. We are growing but have experienced a little pain when it comes to advertisement sales. We need to be able to sell advertisements based on a GEO specific location. For example If I am a property management company based in AZ and all my properties are in AZ I only want my advertisement to be seen when someone searches homes for rent in AZ. It doesn't help there business to be seen in KY or any other state because they could not manage it. This would be the same for all categories we have for rent as well. If we can make this happen to where we can sell geo specific advertising we can really increase our revenue so we can buy more software. Can someone shoot me some code to help. I am available anytime at 859-816-1656. Jason Glass
Jason Glass

Re: [rentittoday] Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

By ross - March 19, 2009

Hi Jason

Thanks for posting!

What it sounds like here is you have two different sections. One for entering properties and one for entering advertisements.

When you bring up a list of properties in AZ, you only want to see ads from AZ.

What I think will work for you here is if you add a field to both sections called State. From there, you can setup the page that displays your properties to only bring in ads from the same state.

Do you have a page I can check out to get a feel for your layout (I am thinking a page that lists all your properties for AZ would work best)?

And how comfortable are you working with PHP? There is going to be some coding involved here.

Let me know :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [rentittoday] Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

By Dave - March 23, 2009

Hi Jason,

As Ross said, the solution is to add a field for state to both sections. You could have a list of state checkboxes for each ad.

We can do that through consulting if you need or forward it to your developers or programmers and they should be able to take care of it.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com