Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 23, 2009   (RSS)

Re: [rentittoday] Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

By ross - March 19, 2009

Hi Jason

Thanks for posting!

What it sounds like here is you have two different sections. One for entering properties and one for entering advertisements.

When you bring up a list of properties in AZ, you only want to see ads from AZ.

What I think will work for you here is if you add a field to both sections called State. From there, you can setup the page that displays your properties to only bring in ads from the same state.

Do you have a page I can check out to get a feel for your layout (I am thinking a page that lists all your properties for AZ would work best)?

And how comfortable are you working with PHP? There is going to be some coding involved here.

Let me know :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

Ross,

Thanks for the reply. You are great. I dont care what Dave said about you before. Rent It Today.com is a site where you can Rent Anything and Everything. Besides people listing there items for rent we have an opportunity to sell advertisements. What we have been doing in the past is just selling the advertisement for the specific category(let's say baby equipment rentals) and the advertisement is being seen in every state. Well the problem is this company only services 1 state and not all 50. It also limits us on selling advertisments. We only want there advertisement to show up in the state or the states they pay for. If they pay for all 50 we would set them up for all 50. Not in every page for "baby equipment rentals". Does this make since? I can explain better on the phone if you need me. I'm up all night. 859-816-1656 The goal for my company is to sell advertisements to companies that want to market there product and services in there given region / state. It also means we could sell alot more advertisements. Let me know big guy!

Here is the link to Baby Equipment Rentals http://www.rentittoday.com/baby_equipment_rental.php On the left if you search any state, then the right you will see an advertisement. Those ads will been see in every state rather than just the state they service. Hope this helps. Call me if you need me.
Jason Glass

Re: [rentittoday] Selling Advertisements Based On Specific Terrioty

By Dave - March 23, 2009

Hi Jason,

As Ross said, the solution is to add a field for state to both sections. You could have a list of state checkboxes for each ad.

We can do that through consulting if you need or forward it to your developers or programmers and they should be able to take care of it.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com