Changing the Colors of the Section Buttons

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 17, 2009   (RSS)

By sidcam - March 13, 2009

Is there any way you can add the ability to individually customize the colors of the section buttons and/or create a "header/seperator" section that looks different in the menu bar? I've hit 50-60 sections and need a better way to break up the long row of blue buttons better than creating division sections in all caps or using dashes.

Re: [sidcam] Changing the Colors of the Section Buttons

By ross - March 16, 2009

Hi sidcam

Thanks for posting!

There isn't really going to be an easy way to change those buttons. I can see how managing 50-60 sections would be quite a long list to work with though so let's have a look at another idea.

What are all of your sections doing? Are they all just single updating a single page or are they all list pages?

Let me know and we can go over how to combine your single pages into just one section.

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [sidcam] Changing the Colors of the Section Buttons

By ross - March 17, 2009

Hi Sid

Thanks for the update!

It does sound like you could set that up with fewer tables. It should help with the performance too which is nice.

Make sure you have a backup of both your template files and the MySQL database before you start making any changes.

It's hard for me to say exactly how you can condense the tables but it does sound like you have some ideas. As long as you have those backups, have a go at it and let me know how you make out.

If you wanted to post a link to your site, I might be able to give you some suggestions on how to setup the different sections.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/