sub categories on detail page

19 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 10, 2009   (RSS)

By ross - February 27, 2009

Hi Dan

The code is going to end up being the same except for when you display the category names. Just switch it up so that the French field is used instead of the English one.

Keep us up to date with how you are making out :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By ross - March 3, 2009

Hi Dan

Could you post this template so I can take a closer look at the code? Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [ross] sub categories on detail page

By DanMaitland - March 4, 2009 - edited: March 4, 2009

Here is one of the templates with the sub category menu as which is an include.

By Dave - March 4, 2009

Hi Dan,

And what is the problem currently? These templates look like they would display the french fields (name_fr) already?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] sub categories on detail page

the problem is actually pertaining to displaying the sub category. the files I posted are directly related to this link www.portatecqc.com/francais/products-details-fr.php if you look at the bottom of the page where it says sub category menu you will see the error.

By Dave - March 5, 2009

Hi Dan,

The error: "Notice: Undefined variable: subcategoryRecords" means that the $subCategoryRecords variable isn't being set anywhere.

And when I look through the code on those two pages that seems to be the case. Did you add some code to your english pages that set that? Perhaps the code I posted above?

Current your code sets $products_featuresRecords, and $categoryRecords but not $subCategoryRecords. So you'll need to add something to set that or use one of the existing variables.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] sub categories on detail page

Can you tell me why in IE 7 the category menu on this page

http://www.portatecqc.com/francais/products-details-fr.php?Wood-finish-application-2

is showing "joutée" at the end. If you cannot see it I've attached a screen shot.
Attachments:

menu.doc 246K

By Dave - March 10, 2009

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the screenshot. I tried in IE8 but it looked ok there. My guess is it's a rendering glitch with IE7.

Anytime there's a difference in how the browsers display a page it's almost always because of the html, not the CMS. The browser doesn't know if the page is generated by a CMS or a plain html page.

So the trick to debugging it is to view-source and save that html as a test html file, such as test-wood-finish-application-2.html, in that same directory. Then modify the plain html in that file until you figure out what's causing IE7 to repeat that content.

Once you figure out what html code needs to be modified or added, etc to make it work in IE7, it's usually pretty straightforward to make the CMS output that.

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes!
interactivetools.com