Menu System

21 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 27, 2009   (RSS)

By Roj - December 30, 2008

I am a bit confused by the new category menu section editor. Can I use this to create a menu bar on my website?
Can I create a 2 tier drop down menu system? If so how do I link the sub categories to the main categories and the pages to the sub categories?

Can I create something in Admin so a Manager account can create new single pages which will also appear on the menu system?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for a great product.
Roj

Re: [Roj] Menu System

By Dave - December 31, 2008

Hi Roj,

Have a look at this post, it has some sample code to do this: http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259#64259

Then let me know if you have any questions or need more help.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Menu System

By moh3 - January 2, 2009

hello i'am interested in buying your software for my freelance work but my main interest and concern is creating pages which are in categories and adding a menu system that any new page is automatic added to menu of the site the way i see your system that
it prints all pages in on one line but not as a tree
please correct me if i'am wrong, your software is promising, and what about any additions of adding such
a option where you have a menu system that controls your navigation as i saw this a missing point in a lot of cms why not become the better than the others and do that or a least output the code in a list format just like wordpress, i will wait your reply i would but 10 licenses if you are willing to add this option

Re: [moh3] Menu System

By Dave - January 2, 2009

Hi moh3, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

You can create a tree menu structure with CMS Builder. Each menu link in the tree links to a separate page and the end-user can add pages and change the menu.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
interactivetools.com

By Dave - January 5, 2009

Hi moh3,

I don't know how we'd build that for you. It might sound simple but there's actually a lot of complexity to it and features and requirements that would come up building it.

Currently customers can add a single page for each menu item. And you could hard code it to have a multi record section for a certain menu item.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By Roj - January 7, 2009

Hi Roj,

Have a look at this post, it has some sample code to do this: http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259#64259

Then let me know if you have any questions or need more help.

Hi Dave,

I have created a menu system as in this post which creates a page with links like categoryList.php Cat1-1. How do I create these pages?
Roj

Re: [Roj] Menu System

By Dave - January 7, 2009

Hi Roj,

You probably just need to change it so it links to your viewer file instead of categoryList.php. Usually you can do this under: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Viewer Urls.

Usually for category sections you just need one file.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By aev - January 8, 2009

We really appreciate CMSB for what it can do and how easy it is to work with and adapt to our projects.
But we really miss a feature like this one:

a menu manager where any page be it single ,multi ,or any other be added
to the main navigation in a auto format so that the system outputs a link

By Roj - January 8, 2009

Hi Roj,

You probably just need to change it so it links to your viewer file instead of categoryList.php. Usually you can do this under: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Viewer Urls.

Usually for category sections you just need one file.

Hope that helps!

Roj