Menu System

21 posts by 8 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 27, 2009   (RSS)

By Roj - December 30, 2008

I am a bit confused by the new category menu section editor. Can I use this to create a menu bar on my website?
Can I create a 2 tier drop down menu system? If so how do I link the sub categories to the main categories and the pages to the sub categories?

Can I create something in Admin so a Manager account can create new single pages which will also appear on the menu system?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for a great product.
Roj

Re: [Roj] Menu System

By Dave - December 31, 2008

Hi Roj,

Have a look at this post, it has some sample code to do this: http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259#64259

Then let me know if you have any questions or need more help.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [moh3] Menu System

By Dave - January 2, 2009

Hi moh3, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

You can create a tree menu structure with CMS Builder. Each menu link in the tree links to a separate page and the end-user can add pages and change the menu.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Menu System

By moh3 - January 2, 2009

hello and thank you for your fast reply,
what will be the cost for some addons to the current software to include a menu manager where any page
be it single ,multi ,or any other be added to the main navigation in a auto format so that the system outputs
a link my vision is that my customer to be able to create a new page and it will add it to the navigation with out coming back to me to make any mods thats my business model if you could call that were once they setup their cms no need to comeback to me , i will be willing to pay an additional fee to include such an option thank you again

By Dave - January 5, 2009

Hi moh3,

I don't know how we'd build that for you. It might sound simple but there's actually a lot of complexity to it and features and requirements that would come up building it.

Currently customers can add a single page for each menu item. And you could hard code it to have a multi record section for a certain menu item.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By Roj - January 7, 2009

Hi Roj,

Have a look at this post, it has some sample code to do this: http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64259#64259

Then let me know if you have any questions or need more help.

Hi Dave,

I have created a menu system as in this post which creates a page with links like categoryList.php Cat1-1. How do I create these pages?
Roj

Re: [Roj] Menu System

By Dave - January 7, 2009

Hi Roj,

You probably just need to change it so it links to your viewer file instead of categoryList.php. Usually you can do this under: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Viewer Urls.

Usually for category sections you just need one file.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By aev - January 8, 2009

We really appreciate CMSB for what it can do and how easy it is to work with and adapt to our projects.
But we really miss a feature like this one:

a menu manager where any page be it single ,multi ,or any other be added
to the main navigation in a auto format so that the system outputs a link

By Roj - January 8, 2009

Hi Roj,

You probably just need to change it so it links to your viewer file instead of categoryList.php. Usually you can do this under: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section > Viewer Urls.

Usually for category sections you just need one file.

Hope that helps!

Roj