CMS Builder Newbie Questions

6 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Gilbien03 - December 10, 2008

Good Day,

I am very new to the system and i have some questions which i notice on the cms builder.

1) I havent seen login option for users, so if i add an Ad selling a product how can i login to edit it? do i have to use the below panel with lower restrictions?

2) Im also wondering, if i create a menu, add link products, specify there fields, and then create link Sell My Product, can i access the same table with fields for my product?

Thank you so much.

Re: [Gilbien03] CMS Builder Newbie Questions

By ross - December 11, 2008

Hi

Thanks for posting!

I'll go over your questions one at a time :).

1. Joe's definitely got you on the right track here. Another way to find the login page is if you are already logged in yourself. Just click the logout link in the top right. That will
take you back to the login page. Do yo know how to create new accounts?

2. I am not actually sure exactly what you are asking here but it sounds like you are trying to setup a page on your site and have the details from that section you created appear. If that's the case, CMS Builder actually generates the code you need for this. Let me know and I can go into more details on how to get that started.

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Moonworks] CMS Builder Newbie Questions

By webfoot - December 16, 2008

I just went through the steps you outlined. btw-thanks for this info.

When I finished the steps and logged back in it takes me to a page with a left menu link to the page i have access to.

Is that what you meant?
melinda
webfootstudios.com

Re: [webfoot] CMS Builder Newbie Questions

By Moonworks - December 16, 2008

That's what you should have, and then if that user only has access to one file, it will just come up when they click on the link in the top left.

If they only had access to one file in each section, that number of sections would show up on the left. If they had access to more than one file, they would be given a list of those files after clicking on the link.
High quality residential training for writers, actors & Film Making - Click Here for further information

Re: [Moonworks] CMS Builder Newbie Questions

By webfoot - December 18, 2008

Thank you !!!
melinda
webfootstudios.com