New install

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 5, 2008   (RSS)

By Ginslinger - December 4, 2008 - edited: December 5, 2008

Been reading the documentation for CMS and have created news pages, bio etc. Really could use some help understanding how to create menus and a gallery.

Any tutorials on these two subjects?

Also how do you create categories? When you create a new editor such as about or blog, is this considered a category? How do you create sub-categories?

I must not be understanding this very well and the documentation really doesn't cover any of this. I can tell this is a very powerful program but spending hours searching post in a forum trying to understand terminology that really is not defined is not very productive.

I have been a user of Article Manager for years so I have a basic understanding of how this works. I have been reading the documentation since early this afternoon and to be honest haven't learned much.

Example from a post in forums on creating a new Category" section.

Create a new "Category" section.

4) Add some record to the category section - some under others.

5) Under Admin > Section Editors > Your Category Section > Viewer Urls - set them both to categoryList.php

What was just said above? I understand #5 but no where that I could find in the forums does it define how to create a sub category which I am to assume is what some under others mean.

I am not upset just frustrated trying to find answers that should be documented or at least a tutorial available for new users.

Thanks, time to call it a day.