New install

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 5, 2008   (RSS)

By Ginslinger - December 4, 2008 - edited: December 5, 2008

Been reading the documentation for CMS and have created news pages, bio etc. Really could use some help understanding how to create menus and a gallery.

Any tutorials on these two subjects?

Also how do you create categories? When you create a new editor such as about or blog, is this considered a category? How do you create sub-categories?

I must not be understanding this very well and the documentation really doesn't cover any of this. I can tell this is a very powerful program but spending hours searching post in a forum trying to understand terminology that really is not defined is not very productive.

I have been a user of Article Manager for years so I have a basic understanding of how this works. I have been reading the documentation since early this afternoon and to be honest haven't learned much.

Example from a post in forums on creating a new Category" section.

Create a new "Category" section.

4) Add some record to the category section - some under others.

5) Under Admin > Section Editors > Your Category Section > Viewer Urls - set them both to categoryList.php

What was just said above? I understand #5 but no where that I could find in the forums does it define how to create a sub category which I am to assume is what some under others mean.

I am not upset just frustrated trying to find answers that should be documented or at least a tutorial available for new users.

Thanks, time to call it a day.

Re: [Ginslinger] New install

By Dave - December 5, 2008

Hi Ginslinger,

CMS Builder doesn't do everything Article Manager does yet. So subcategories aren't supported the same way. We do have a "category" section type but currently it only supports one page per "category".

In CMS Builder you'd have different sections for each category, or one section for "Articles" and break it up different ways.

Do you have an url or more details on the site you are working on?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com