templates

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 3, 2008   (RSS)

I've tried a half dozen CMS platforms and they all choke over inflexible template systems.

The video demo of CMS Builder shows a design template and there is some mention on the site of a Template Monster discount but I can't find anything in the docs about how the templates work or what kinds of templates would work with CMS builder. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Re: [sagentic] templates

Hi, Sagnetic -

You can't just "drop a template" on a CMSB site - in the same way you would with Joomla and others. As far as I'm concerned that's a good thing!

The trouble with template-driven sites is that they very often all look the same. Joomla is a perfect example of this. Joomla sites all seem to have a certain "look" about them - even the sites that use commercial templates.

CMSB isn't like that. That's why developers using it need to approach projects from a different direction. In many respects it's a case of going back to the old-school way of constructing a site from the ground up. This gives you enormous scope and control - two ingredients which are in pretty short supply with tools like Joomla.

:0\

Perchpole