Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

9 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 30, 2008   (RSS)

By Janique Designs - October 27, 2008

HI---I have a section called Programs. On the front end, i need to be able to go into each listing within the programs section and check off which 'pages' in the programs section or any other section will show on that page?

I have the check box already and can check off which links show- sometimes they show- other times they repeat, other times each listing is grouped together as 1 link not separate links..

I need code to get each link by ID- not the id of the current page or section- which is what i have been getting. And then all the links goto the same record.

Does anyone know how to do this. it seems like it should be simple but i haven't yet figured this out after a month and a half- some post i've seen come close nut not quite to what i need.

Please help me !

Thanks

Re: [Janique Designs] Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

By Dave - October 27, 2008

Hi Janique,

Are you able to post some example urls to show mockups or the type of page you are trying to create so we can get a better idea?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

By Janique Designs - October 27, 2008

Here is the link-- on the left side is a list of the different pages in the pages section.

[/url] http://www.janiquedesigns.com/test/BePresent.org/viewPages.php?recordID=2

I don't want to list all of these links on each page.

Each page has different links that should show up.

For instance this example is the about page- all the pages in the pages section show when all i need is certain ones of this list, not all.

Furthermore, I also want to display the child link ( in CMS I have pages category with about page and then a sub link called staff)

The breadcrumb would be about:staff-\
It shows in the editor like this:

1 About
-Staff

2 Empowerment
-How can I co this
- How do i get started

I want to display it this way on the page as well.

It is indented inside the cms and the depth for about is 0 where the staff page's depth would be 0.

I need to display the links checked off for that page and any sublinks for that particular page in that section.

Re: [Janique Designs] Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

By Dave - October 28, 2008

And how is it setup? As a category section or multiple sections?

If it's multiple section you need to get the record from the first section and use it's values to create a where query for the next section.

Can you attach the viewPages.php file?
interactivetools.com

By Janique Designs - October 28, 2008

here it is
Attachments:

viewpages.php 3K

By Janique Designs - October 29, 2008

Hi- really need help figuring this all out.

Please help.

By Dave - October 30, 2008

I can't really tell from looking at the code alone. If you like you can email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll see if I can come up with any simple solutions for you. (Note: Email, don't post login details to forum).
interactivetools.com

By Janique Designs - October 30, 2008

Hi Dave – I have found that what happens is- I am checking off the links I need in the cms and they append to the beginning of all the links.

About Be Present

Empowerment Model

Contact Us

Registration

So if I have a contact us link on the empowerment page- and I check off about us

The links will display as

Press ResourcesAbout Be Present

Press ResourcesEmpowerment Model

Press ResourcesContact Us

Press ResourcesRegistration

If I check off 10 links all ten will append to the beginning of the links…
I need the links I check off to appear as links unto themselves on the front end
here the file that holds the code for the links to display- i think that may be what you bbe helpful...
Attachments:

pages.php 1K