Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

9 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 30, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [Janique Designs] Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

By Dave - October 27, 2008

Hi Janique,

Are you able to post some example urls to show mockups or the type of page you are trying to create so we can get a better idea?
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

Here is the link-- on the left side is a list of the different pages in the pages section.

[/url] http://www.janiquedesigns.com/test/BePresent.org/viewPages.php?recordID=2

I don't want to list all of these links on each page.

Each page has different links that should show up.

For instance this example is the about page- all the pages in the pages section show when all i need is certain ones of this list, not all.

Furthermore, I also want to display the child link ( in CMS I have pages category with about page and then a sub link called staff)

The breadcrumb would be about:staff-\
It shows in the editor like this:

1 About
-Staff

2 Empowerment
-How can I co this
- How do i get started

I want to display it this way on the page as well.

It is indented inside the cms and the depth for about is 0 where the staff page's depth would be 0.

I need to display the links checked off for that page and any sublinks for that particular page in that section.

Re: [Janique Designs] Help! Need to CERTAIN display links from different tables!!

By Dave - October 28, 2008

And how is it setup? As a category section or multiple sections?

If it's multiple section you need to get the record from the first section and use it's values to create a where query for the next section.

Can you attach the viewPages.php file?
interactivetools.com

here it is
Attachments:

viewpages.php 3K

Hi- really need help figuring this all out.

Please help.

By Dave - October 30, 2008

I can't really tell from looking at the code alone. If you like you can email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll see if I can come up with any simple solutions for you. (Note: Email, don't post login details to forum).
interactivetools.com

Hi Dave – I have found that what happens is- I am checking off the links I need in the cms and they append to the beginning of all the links.

About Be Present

Empowerment Model

Contact Us

Registration

So if I have a contact us link on the empowerment page- and I check off about us

The links will display as

Press ResourcesAbout Be Present

Press ResourcesEmpowerment Model

Press ResourcesContact Us

Press ResourcesRegistration

If I check off 10 links all ten will append to the beginning of the links…
I need the links I check off to appear as links unto themselves on the front end
here the file that holds the code for the links to display- i think that may be what you bbe helpful...
Attachments:

pages.php 1K

By Dave - October 30, 2008

Hi Janique,

I sent you back a detailed email with some code changes I made so only checked links appear. Not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for. Have a look and let me know.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com