CMS vs Article Manager

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 24, 2008   (RSS)

By terryally - July 23, 2008

I am a bit baffled about the application of CMS. What is one likely to want to use CMS for rather than Article Manager?

Re: [terryally] CMS vs Article Manager

By Donna - July 23, 2008 - edited: July 23, 2008

Hi terryally :)

CMS Builder has a rather different application than Article Manager. Article Manager is really designed for a "news" style site, with specific category breakdown for articles and such. CMS Builder is customizable to fit any sort of site, from a simple brochure-style site, to complicated product listings (like Listings Manager), to a site with a variety of sections that aren't much related to each other (ie, with vastly different types of content in each section).

The name really says it - the idea of CMS Builder is that a web developer can build their own CMS using this software, rather than being a bit more restrained with more specific software like Article Manager.

There are plenty of sites that are more suitable for an Article Manager-style CMS, but for those that aren't... CMS Builder fits in there pretty well. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] CMS vs Article Manager

By terryally - July 24, 2008

Dear Donna,

Thanks for this information. Was the site that you guys built http://lindysfurniture.com/ created with CMS?

Am would it be correct to say that unlike Article Manager - which I can leave with my clients up update the website - that I cannot do the same with CMS?

Terry