CMS vs Article Manager

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 24, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [terryally] CMS vs Article Manager

By Donna - July 23, 2008 - edited: July 23, 2008

Hi terryally :)

CMS Builder has a rather different application than Article Manager. Article Manager is really designed for a "news" style site, with specific category breakdown for articles and such. CMS Builder is customizable to fit any sort of site, from a simple brochure-style site, to complicated product listings (like Listings Manager), to a site with a variety of sections that aren't much related to each other (ie, with vastly different types of content in each section).

The name really says it - the idea of CMS Builder is that a web developer can build their own CMS using this software, rather than being a bit more restrained with more specific software like Article Manager.

There are plenty of sites that are more suitable for an Article Manager-style CMS, but for those that aren't... CMS Builder fits in there pretty well. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] CMS vs Article Manager

By terryally - July 24, 2008

Dear Donna,

Thanks for this information. Was the site that you guys built http://lindysfurniture.com/ created with CMS?

Am would it be correct to say that unlike Article Manager - which I can leave with my clients up update the website - that I cannot do the same with CMS?

Terry

Re: [terryally] CMS vs Article Manager

By Donna - July 24, 2008

Hi Terry,

It looks like lindysfurniture.com is using Article Manager. The extensive category layout is more suitable for Artman than CMS Builder.

CMS Builder, once it's setup, can definitely be left with the client to manage themselves... or it wouldn't be much use as a CMS! :) The only time they'd need your help is if they wanted to add new sections -- they can still add new pages to existing sections just fine.
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com