grouping list results

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 2, 2008   (RSS)

By Chris_t - April 1, 2008

First I need to give a huge thanks to Dave and all the staff here for the wonderful support.

Now on to my question, I need to list out the standings of the football league. Pretty easy there are only 8 teams 4 in the east 4 in the west. My problem comes when I need them listed out I need the 4 teams ranked then a break the word East then the other 4 teams ranked.

I am wondering if the way we were displaying the players with that <?php $maxCols=3; if (@++$count % $maxCols == 0): ?> could be changed for this reason. My big hang up is how to have it pause, then have it put or I hard code it in, the word East or West then continue listing. I though about adding east and west to the cms list but I need that to be in a different font size and color then the rest of the listing.

Re: [Dave] grouping list results

By Chris_t - April 2, 2008

Hey Dave I knew there was some way to do that. To bad I did it the hard way [mad] I used a page view and called each one of them up by record num. Works, and looks the way I need it to so everything is fine.

Thanks again

Chris

Re: [ChrisTitchenal] grouping list results

By Dave - April 2, 2008

Sometimes when you have just a few records and you need to place them precisely a certain way that actually is the simplest way.

In any case, glad to hear it's working now! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com