grouping list results

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 2, 2008   (RSS)

By Chris_t - April 1, 2008

First I need to give a huge thanks to Dave and all the staff here for the wonderful support.

Now on to my question, I need to list out the standings of the football league. Pretty easy there are only 8 teams 4 in the east 4 in the west. My problem comes when I need them listed out I need the 4 teams ranked then a break the word East then the other 4 teams ranked.

I am wondering if the way we were displaying the players with that <?php $maxCols=3; if (@++$count % $maxCols == 0): ?> could be changed for this reason. My big hang up is how to have it pause, then have it put or I hard code it in, the word East or West then continue listing. I though about adding east and west to the cms list but I need that to be in a different font size and color then the rest of the listing.

Re: [ChrisTitchenal] grouping list results

By Dave - April 2, 2008

Hi Chris,

Do you have a mockup page that shows what you want this to look like?

And how can we sort or filter the records so we get all th eastern teams and then all the western teams?

If all you wanted to do was insert a new row (or some new HTML after 4 record you could use this:

<?php if (@++$rowCounter == 4): ?>
<tr><td><b>East</b></tr></tr>
<?php endif; ?>

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] grouping list results

By Chris_t - April 2, 2008

Hey Dave I knew there was some way to do that. To bad I did it the hard way [mad] I used a page view and called each one of them up by record num. Works, and looks the way I need it to so everything is fine.

Thanks again

Chris