Page Not Deleting From Sec Editrs

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 22, 2008   (RSS)

By Mohaukla - February 21, 2008

Hey there everyone.
I just noticed a weird thing in the Section Editors.
I just added a "Press Releases" page and decided that a "Blog" page was more of what I wanted. I deleted the "Press Releases" page and went about my business and later noticed that the "Press Releases" was in the menu system. I checked the Section Editors and it was there. So I deleted again and it was removed from the list but as soon as I navigate back into the Section Editors area I see it in the list and the messages appear at the top of the page:
Creating MySQL table for schema table: press
Adding MySQL fields for schema table: press

Any ideas why this is getting added back automatically?

Thanks
Mike
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Re: [Dave] Page Not Deleting From Sec Editrs

I can check the permissions but I believe that everything is set for "full" with all files and folder to inherit.
but I will check and see.

Thanks
Mike
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Re: [justritedesign] Page Not Deleting From Sec Editrs

By Dave - February 21, 2008

Ok, let me know. If you're on windows IIS usually operates under the username IUSR_yourServerName
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

The file permissions were set to Full Control with the user set to "thedomainfoldername_web" with file and folder inheritance set for the ini file and the schema folder itself.
Michael Moyers

By Dave - February 21, 2008

Hmm, well you could just delete it manually. Does it happen with any other sections or files?
interactivetools.com

Ok I deleted the ini.php file and it is gone. I had to delete it once more from the section editor to remove it from the database. It is gone now. Let me know if I need to do something to rectify this.
I added a new section to see if it can be deleted and the same situation.
I did upgrade to 1.09 and everything seemed to be working fine but I never had a reason to delete anything before this. So I don't know how long this has been like this.
Michael Moyers

By Dave - February 22, 2008

The temporary workaround would be to erase those files manually.

If you want I can login and take a look. It must be something to do with permissions or filepaths. If you want to send login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email, don't post them in forum) I could take a look.

I haven't seen this issue before but I'd like to get to the bottom of it and fix it if possible.
interactivetools.com