Page Not Deleting From Sec Editrs

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 22, 2008   (RSS)

By Mohaukla - February 21, 2008

Hey there everyone.
I just noticed a weird thing in the Section Editors.
I just added a "Press Releases" page and decided that a "Blog" page was more of what I wanted. I deleted the "Press Releases" page and went about my business and later noticed that the "Press Releases" was in the menu system. I checked the Section Editors and it was there. So I deleted again and it was removed from the list but as soon as I navigate back into the Section Editors area I see it in the list and the messages appear at the top of the page:
Creating MySQL table for schema table: press
Adding MySQL fields for schema table: press

Any ideas why this is getting added back automatically?

Thanks
Mike
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Re: [justritedesign] Page Not Deleting From Sec Editrs

By Dave - February 21, 2008

My first guess is that the file permissions on /data/schema/press.ini.php don't allow the program to remove it. Try change the permissions on that file to be writable to all and see if it can be removed.

What version of CMS Builder are you using (Admin > General > Program Version)? We added a feature in 1.09 that reset the "umask" setting for web hosts that created files that couldn't be removed or written by default.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Page Not Deleting From Sec Editrs

I can check the permissions but I believe that everything is set for "full" with all files and folder to inherit.
but I will check and see.

Thanks
Mike
Michael Moyers

Owner of Just Rite Design Inc. A growing network of professionals in web design, graphic design, flash development, programming, and audio & video productions.

"Due to budget constraints, the Light at the end of the tunnel will be temporarily out!"

Ok, let me know. If you're on windows IIS usually operates under the username IUSR_yourServerName
interactivetools.com

The file permissions were set to Full Control with the user set to "thedomainfoldername_web" with file and folder inheritance set for the ini file and the schema folder itself.
Michael Moyers

Hmm, well you could just delete it manually. Does it happen with any other sections or files?
interactivetools.com

Ok I deleted the ini.php file and it is gone. I had to delete it once more from the section editor to remove it from the database. It is gone now. Let me know if I need to do something to rectify this.
I added a new section to see if it can be deleted and the same situation.
I did upgrade to 1.09 and everything seemed to be working fine but I never had a reason to delete anything before this. So I don't know how long this has been like this.
Michael Moyers