Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 14, 2008   (RSS)

By Ryan - December 14, 2007

Hi everyone, just incase you get stuck with this error message like me,

"Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess."

Upload the attached .htaccess file (to whatever dir your files are in) to switch off 'magic_quotes_gpc'

Im on shared hosting and they would be unlikely to change the setting in the php.ini file for me

Or create your own .htaccess file with this code

# Disable magic_quotes_gpc
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Attachments:

upload.htaccess 1K

Re: [ryan_dot] Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.

By Donna - December 14, 2007

Thanks for sharing! :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.

By limbo - December 30, 2007 - edited: December 30, 2007

This .htacess thing is driving me up the wall!!!!!

If I follow your instructions I still get the "Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess" message despite having uploaded the .htaccess file to the cmsAdmin root folder. When I upload the attachment to the previous post I get a 500 internal error message.

It is always a mission to get the software working.

I am so frustrated. I'm on a phpsuexec server - is this a problem?

ALTERNATIVELY, if it is my hosting providers problem, why don't you just make all of our lives easier and RECOMMEND a shared hosting provider that cuts through all of this hassle?

I bought CMS Builder almost as soon as you had launched it. I only found a web host today that could do me MySQL 5.015 and PHP 5.2 minimum. What a mission. Then this problem with the "magic quotes" comes up. You didn't think of warning us to check with our hosting provider about this issue (of whether they allow php_flags in the .htaccess files) before we go and setup accounts with them. This has been such a waste of time, and in my case, a waste of money - I paid a years worth of hosting for an account that had MySQL 5.015 and PHP 5.2 minimum.

I don't know. But this is becoming one too many of several problems I have had lately with interactivetools.com software. I have bought I think 15 to 20 licenses from you already. I am getting frustrated.

Re: [Dave] Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.

By limbo - January 1, 2008

I have gone ahead and setup an account with DreamHost. Everything seems to be working fine.
Thank you.

Re: [limbo] Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.

By Dave - January 1, 2008

Sounds good, just let us know (post a new thread) if you run into any problems or have any other questions. We're here to help! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [ryan_dot] Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.

By Ryan - May 14, 2008

Try placing the .htaccess file in the root directory it works on all of our shared hosting accounts with Hosting356.com

By Dave - May 14, 2008

Thanks for the tip!

Also, we added some code to v1.08 to automatically undo what magic_quotes_gpc does for users who are unable to change that setting.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com