Two questions

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Ginslinger - December 18, 2008

Still trying to figure out CMS builder so I have a couple questions that may help me get on the correct path.

I would like to be able to include a small image gallery that would be something similar to what Donna created within the site she writes about in the newsletter.

I was able to get images to display in a gallery like fashion while testing, but I'm still not sure I used the correct settings when I created the editor. What type editor (Multi-Record, Single record etc) would be considered the best to use for this type of purpose?

I tried formatting the display to show images in rows of four but was unable to do so using example code found in the forums. This leads me to believe I used a wrong editor creating the test gallery or I still am not totally understanding how to format the display code to do so.

Re: [Ginslinger] Two questions

By Dave - December 18, 2008

Hi Ginslinger,

The first step is to create an html mockup of how you want the gallery to work. How you create it in the CMS is based on that.

Do you have an url with a mockup of how you want the gallery to look?

Let me know, thanks! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Two questions

By Ginslinger - December 18, 2008

Just need the images to display four wide with a max of twelve images. Thumbnails will be 150 wide. Using lightbox also which I had working OK but couldn't get the formatting correct.

Mock up site is at http://207.58.132.107/index2.php

Re: [Ginslinger] Two questions

By Dave - December 18, 2008

Hi Ginslinger,

So there will only ever be 12? Will there be multiple pages of 12 (prev page, next page, etc)?

Do you have a html mockup of what it would look like with images in it? And can you attach the code to your viewer file?

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com