Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By Dave - August 29, 2012

Hi Ragi,

That's really odd. Can you email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll debug it?

Note: Email, don't post login details to the forum.

PS: You don't actually need to run the mailer from the web, the web interface just tells you the path to setup a cronjob and/or sends batches of 25 for testing. I would still be good for us to take a look if there's a possible issue though.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By northernpenguin - August 29, 2012

Email sent
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

• Archived  

By Perchpole - August 30, 2012

Hello, All -

I am really thrilled by the release of this plugin! However, am I the only person who received a really garbled version of the newsletter which announced the news?!

Although the newsletter was in HTML, neither my PC mail client nor my iPad client rendered the code properly.

See attachment.

I've seen such problems before and they are usually the result of missing Content-type: text/html code in the message header.

Not sure if that's the entire story here but I'm a little loath to spend until it's fixed!

;0)

Perchpole
Attachments:

email.txt 19K

Re: [Perchpole] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By aev - August 30, 2012

I recieved the same garbled newsletter.

-aev-

Re: [Perchpole] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By Dave - August 30, 2012

Hi Perch,

We've had a few reports on issues or comments about various mail clients, mail servers, spam filters, etc. We'll be releasing a minor update next week to addresses those issues and... We already have a major new feature commissioned for the release after that - tracking and reporting on the number of opens per mailout.

I'd like to send you a couple test emails to see if we can track down the issue you are having, can you send me the email address you've subscribed to the newsletter to to dave@interactivetools.com? Thanks!
interactivetools.com

Re: [aev] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By Dave - August 30, 2012

Hi aev,

See above - I'd like to send you a couple test emails to see if we can track down the issue you are having, can you send me the email address you've subscribed to the newsletter to to dave@interactivetools.com? Thanks!
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Perchpole - August 30, 2012

Hi Dave

Ok. However please note that it was only the last newsletter that didn't render properly. The usual/monthly iTools newsletter always looks great.

:0)

Perch