Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By Dave - August 29, 2012

Hi Ragi,

That's really odd. Can you email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll debug it?

Note: Email, don't post login details to the forum.

PS: You don't actually need to run the mailer from the web, the web interface just tells you the path to setup a cronjob and/or sends batches of 25 for testing. I would still be good for us to take a look if there's a possible issue though.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By northernpenguin - August 29, 2012

Email sent
--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

Re: [Perchpole] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By aev - August 30, 2012

I recieved the same garbled newsletter.

-aev-

Re: [Perchpole] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By Dave - August 30, 2012

Hi Perch,

We've had a few reports on issues or comments about various mail clients, mail servers, spam filters, etc. We'll be releasing a minor update next week to addresses those issues and... We already have a major new feature commissioned for the release after that - tracking and reporting on the number of opens per mailout.

I'd like to send you a couple test emails to see if we can track down the issue you are having, can you send me the email address you've subscribed to the newsletter to to dave@interactivetools.com? Thanks!
interactivetools.com

Re: [aev] Newsletter Builder v1.00 Released!

• Archived  

By Dave - August 30, 2012

Hi aev,

See above - I'd like to send you a couple test emails to see if we can track down the issue you are having, can you send me the email address you've subscribed to the newsletter to to dave@interactivetools.com? Thanks!
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Perchpole - August 30, 2012

Hi Dave

Ok. However please note that it was only the last newsletter that didn't render properly. The usual/monthly iTools newsletter always looks great.

:0)

Perch

• Archived  

By Dave - August 31, 2012

Hi All,

Just a heads up that we've fixed all the reported issues and will be releasing a 1.01 update shortly. Thanks for your feedback!

Changelog is as follows:

New Features
- Background Mailer: If no messages are pending then no output is returned on command-line to prevent needless cronjob emails

Bug Fixes & Code Changes
- Background Mailer: Added new BACKGROUND_SEND_WEB_MAX option to allow a different limit for the web interface
- Background Mailer: Fixed issues where "You must be logged in as Admin" would be displayed if membership plugin wasn't in use
- Background Mailer: Fixed cronjob warnings: "Undefined index: SCRIPT_NAME" and "Undefined index: HTTP_HOST"
- Fixed issue were message encoding caused some email readers to display HTML sourcecode instead of proper message
- Fixed issue were it wasn't possible to save test emails if they had extra whitespace around them.
interactivetools.com