tiny_mce_f2....gz still zipped after unzipping CMS Builder

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 17, 2008   (RSS)

By katherine502 - August 16, 2008

I unzipped my CMS Builder zip with WinZip.

Inside the cmsAdmin\data directory, there is a zipped file called
tiny_mce_f2e364fd6e334983c5c66827af8865d3.gz

When I tried to unzip it using WinZip, I got a dialogue box telling me to assign the unzipped file a file format such as .doc.

But I don't know what file format this is supposed to be.

From within WinZip, I was able to look at the file with notepad. It looks like code. But I still don't know what file format to assign it.

If I had to guess, it would be php. But I don't like guessing.

And why is there a zipped file within a directory within the CMS Builder zip? With no file format? And with nothing to alert me about how to handle it?

Did I do something wrong unzipping the big zip?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Re: [katherine502] tiny_mce_f2....gz still zipped after unzipping CMS Builder

By Dave - August 17, 2008

Hi Katherine,

Don't worry, you don't need to do anything, that file is exactly how it's suppose to be.

The wysiwyg editor (tinymce) has lots of javascript plugins and files that need loading. So to speed things up it puts them all together in one file. And to speed things up even more it compresses that fuke in gzip format (which most modern browsers understand). The script /tinymce3/tiny_mce_gzip.php does all that and created a big long file (if it doesn't already exist) like tiny_mce_f2e364fd6e334983c5c66827af8865d3.gz in the data directory.

Hope that explains everything. In general we try to make everything pretty easy so if you're not sure what something does you can often safely ignore it and not have any problems.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] tiny_mce_f2....gz still zipped after unzipping CMS Builder

By katherine502 - August 17, 2008

Hi, Dave.

Thanks so much for your quick reply. And for making things easy for people like me who try their best to make them hard.

Katherine