Permalinks error with 3.68

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 26   (RSS)

By rez - April 25 - edited: April 25

Hi,

I was running into depreciated code yesterday so I have been updating several sites.

I updated a site to CMSB 3.68 with permalinks 1.12, PHP 8.3 and get the following error on my page and in the log:

Unsupported operand types: array | array in /home2/website/public_html/cmsAdmin/plugins/permalinks/permalinks_dispatcher.php on line 31

Thanks.

Oh, jeez. Got it. It says it right there but it was hard to tell where that line was so I figured 31 was in the mentioned permalinks plug. 

"I" had been working as an operator when it always should have been || . Maybe... error levels on the server changed or some combo of updating, I don't know.

My fault as usual. :D

By Dave - April 25

Hi rez, 

Glad it's working!  I'm trying to locate the line in our local copy.  Can you post the before and after code? 

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Oh, hi Dave. I was updating my comment same time.

It was my fault. I was using the wrong operator  on my page below. I was using "|" as OR instead of "II". Oddly, it was working until my updates.

Fixed:

<?php if($locationsRecord['pdf_menu'] || $locationsRecord['menu_image']):?>

The error line 31 and mentioned plugin, threw me off. I guess that's the line when processing or something like that.

Thanks for the fast response.

Actually, I have a question.

Can you list any CMSB debugging functions or straight forward techniques for CMSB you often use?

For instance, I remember you had a showme function and I will search that again; its been a while. Are there any new or additional CMSB specific debugging suggestions, like the showme function, when running into errors or problems?