Permalinks and CMSB v3.61

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: February 2   (RSS)

By gord - February 1 - edited: February 1

Hi,

I'm building a new site, and haven't used CMSB in a few updates.

Just downloaded CMSB v3.61 and the Permalinks plugin v1.11, and a bit confused that the Permalinks menu isn't showing up in the plugin admin panel.

Is this normal behaviour for 3.61?

Gord

By Dave - February 1

Hi Gord, 

Once you upload the Permalinks plugin under /plugins/ it should definitely appear in the plugins menu.

The first thing to check is that your web/dns and FTP are pointing to the same place.  Are you able to make other changes via FTP that are detectable via the web?  For example, if you temporarily rename admin.php to admin2.php does the program stop working? 

If it doesn't it could indicate the domain and FTP point to direct places (common issue with server moves) or a caching issue.

Let me know what you find out.

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By gord - February 1

It's appearing, but only with the activate/deactivate options.  The 'Permalinks DB' and 'Update Tables' menu options seem to be missing...

I guess I can update the hidden table from the regular editor, but it's a bit more streamlined in the plugin section.

By gord - February 2

Hi Dave,

You're right, I used the production download link but somehow ended up installing CMS Builder v3.65 (Build 2506).

I take it this is the beta?

Any issues with me downgrading to 3.61, given that I've already got the beta installed?

Gord

By Dave - February 2

Hi Gord, 

Yes, you should be able to downgrade no problem.  I'd downgrade to the last official release if possible v3.64

And if you run into any issues fill out a 2nd level support request and we'll help you out.
https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com