to keep the same site only change the name

I neeed help on copiying the cms to the other domain

let me know if you can help and how much to help

Thank You

Robert Hedrick

Robert Hedrick

By KennyH - January 16

Hi Robert,

Depending on your setup, there are a few ways this can be done. One way is to follow the steps in this support article - https://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/move_servers.php

If you are only changing the domain name and not servers, you may have an option to just change the domain name and not move anything at all. I often build websites on a live development domain and when the website is approved by the client, we swap out the development domain with their domain name (after pointing the domain name to our servers, of course).

Kenny

By Robarbh - January 16

Kenny,

thank you I will look in tothis

Robert Hedrick

By Robarbh - January 25

Kenny

I have done what the information on moving

I am wanting to move the cms to a new domain

I get this error when i try to get in to the admin.php file

Error: Upload directory doesn't exist, please create it and reload this page:

/home1/rick123/public_html/cmsAdmin/uploads

or manually update the 'uploadDir' value to 'uploads/' in: /data/settings.dat.php

Robert Hedrick

By KennyH - January 25

Hi Robert,

The program is looking for a required folder at /home1/rick123/public_html/cmsAdmin/uploads

The folder "uploads" is usually there by default, but if it's missing you'll have to create it at that location. Once the folder is there, it should allow you to get into the admin section.

Kenny

By Robarbh - January 25

Kerry

The site is 

/home1arsicbros/public_html/cmsAdmin/uploads

what do i need to change it to this

I am copping the 123 site to arsic bros

Robert Hedrick

By Robarbh - January 26

Dave,

I edited the settings file in data 

i do have a uploads folder

when I try to get to th admin.php i get the error

Warning: session_start(): open(/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php83/sess_288d1a4bf74229c040f2a216d7fa99c6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home1/arsicbro/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 739 Warning: session_start(): Failed to read session data: files (path: /var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php83) in /home1/arsicbro/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 739 Fatal error: Couldn't start session! ''! in /home1/arsicbro/public_html/cmsAdmin/lib/init.php on line 739

Robert Hedrick

By Dave - January 26

Hi Robert, 

Usually that is caused by server configuration problems, but if you can fill out a 2nd level support request I'll take a look for you:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By Robarbh - January 28

Dave,

I put a support request in

Thank You

Robert Hedrick