counts not working properly

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 31   (RSS)

By Steve99 - October 31

Hi Craig,

$blogMetaData['totalRecords'] provides a count of all records returned from getRecords.

Modifying your existing code, you can run a query inside the following foreach loop to get counts for each Year/Month archive.

Try changing this:

<?php foreach($months as $date => $name): ?>
    <li><a href="blog.php?createdDate_keyword=<?php echo "$date";?>" ><?php echo $name;?> <?php echo $year;?><span><?php echo $blogMetaData['totalRecords']; ?></span><i class=" icon-right-open"></i></a></li>
<?php endforeach ?>

To this:

<?php foreach($months as $date => $name): ?>
<?php $archiveMonthCount = mysql_count('blog', "`createdDate` LIKE '$date%'"); ?>
    <li><a href="blog.php?createdDate_keyword=<?php echo "$date";?>" ><?php echo $name;?> <?php echo $year;?><span><?php echo $archiveMonthCount; ?></span><i class=" icon-right-open"></i></a></li>
<?php endforeach ?>

mysql_count is an internal CMSB function that returns the number of records found. For the WHERE clause, we're searching createdDate using the LIKE operator with wildcard % on your $date string (ex. 2023-09). This will match createdDate fields starting with your $date string value.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Steve

By craig_bcd - October 31

You are genius Steve - thank you! I just couldn't see what was right in front of me!