Simple 'Note' feature request

4 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 18   (RSS)

By zaba - August 21, 2023

Hi, I often have the need to accompany the cmsb with notes to the input fields, so that when adding the content the website owner has a little bit more info.

I am currently doing this by creating the code in the html separator field, but it would be nice if this was a subset of the separator with a radio box for "Note" with all the styling in place and just a field for the note:.

It follows the style of the cms.

It's not a major pain but would save another step in what is already an awesome tool.

<div class='col-sm-12'>
  &nbsp;
</div>
<div class='col-sm-2 control-label'>
 Note
</div>
<div class='col-sm-10' style="border:1px solid #D5D5D5; background-color:#f9f9f9; padding:12px; padding-top:10px; padding-bottom:10px;">
This is where you would enter the note about a specific field or whatever you want.
</div>
<div class='col-sm-12'>
  &nbsp;
</div>

By kitsguru - December 15 - edited: December 18

I do this in the description at the top of the editor, this shows on the list and detail screens.

<button class="btn btn-primary" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#notes" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="notes">
  Notes
</button>

<button class="btn btn-primary" type="button" data-toggle="collapse" data-target="#changelog" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="changelog">
  Changelog
</button>

<div class="collapse" id="changelog">
  <div class="well">
    <pre>
- enter changes here
    </pre>
  </div>
</div>

<div class="collapse" id="notes">
  <div class="well">
    <pre>
- enter any special instruction here
    </pre>
  </div>
</div>

The built-in bootstrap toggle takes care of showing and hiding the content.

Jeff Shields

By KennyH - December 18

Fantastic idea with the Bootstrap accordion buttons! I'll be incorporating this into my builds ASAP

Thanks!

Kenny